Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Working on a special December lesson plan!!


I'm working on a very special lesson plan for this month. I'm planning on doing a "13 Days of Homeschool and Holidays" set from December 8th-December 24th in which we'll discuss different December holidays each day. If it works out as I'm hoping we'll set aside our boxed Oak Meadows curriculum for the rest of the month starting next week and all our lessons will involve cultural and religious exploration. I don't have it all worked out yet, but I'll share my lesson plan once it's in place before the beginning of the week, in case anyone else wants to follow along!

The holidays we'll be learning about are :

Saint Nicholas Day (Dec 6th) (Christian)
Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Dec 12th) (Mexican)
St. Lucia Day (Dec 13th) (Swedish)
Hanukkah (Dec 16-24) (Jewish)
Christmas Day (Dec 25) (Christian)
Boxing Day Dec 26) (Australian, Canadian, English, Irish)
Kwanzaa (Dec 26-Jan 1) (African American)
Omisoka (Dec 31) (Japanese)
Yule (Dec 21) (Pagan)

No comments:

Post a Comment