Thursday, October 9, 2014

Time Flies!


Mimzy and I were discussing time today, and I ended up doing a small presentation with her to illustrate how much time there really was in a year. We started using red dots to show individual seconds, then increased to 60 red dots to represent one minute. I put the 60 red dots inside a black square to show it was one minute. Then I copied 60 representations of one minute to illustrate an hour. At this point I had to copy the entire hour in order to shrink it down to continue the lesson. We went on to show one day, one week, one month, and one year, shrinking when necessary. We tracked the seconds, hours, days, weeks, and year numerically. Mimzy was shocked when she realized the full scope of how much time was in one year! I also went on to explain numerically how many seconds, minutes, hours, and years she has been alive for. It was a fun lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment